Chartered Accountancy is one of India’s most sought-after professional courses, offering lucrative job opportunities and endless possibilities for growth. However, applying for CA after the 12th can seem daunting at first glance, with many questions about eligibility criteria, entrance exams, and study materials buzzing around your head. But don’t worry! The post will guide you through everything you need to know about applying for CA foundation after the 12th.
What Is CA?
Chartered Accountancy (CA) is a professional course that prepares individuals for a finance, accounting, and taxation career. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) offers the course and involves three stages: Foundation, Intermediate, and Final. Upon successfully completing the course and the required exams, individuals become Chartered Accountants and can pursue various career paths in finance and accounting.
Pros And Cons Of A Chartered Accountant
Here are some of the pros and cons of this profession:
- Better financial literacy, as accountants are typically better equipped to understand complex financial statements and advise on investment decisions;
- The more significant opportunity for career growth, as accountancy is one of the most respected professional disciplines;
- Enhanced reputation and credibility, as certified accountants are known to be reliable and efficient professionals
- High fees, which can make it relatively expensive to become certified;
- Limited availability of jobs in this profession, as competition is fierce.
CA Course Duration After 12th
- The minimum duration of the CA course after the 12th is 4.5 years, provided the student clears all levels of the CA exam on the first attempt.
- The Foundation level is of 4 months duration, after which students can register for the Intermediate level.
- The minimum duration for completing the Intermediate level is 8 months, but students can take up to 4 years to complete this level.
- The minimum duration for completing the CA final classes in Mumbai is 3 years, but students can take up to 6 years to complete this level.
- The CA course after the 12th can take a minimum of 4.5 years and a maximum of 10 years to complete.
CA Course Fees For 5 Years
If you consider taking up CA, the fees will affect your decision. So here is how much it will cost you:
|CA Course||5 Years – Indian Student||5 Years – Foreign Student|
|CA Intermediate- Single Group||₹28,000||$925|
|CA Intermediate- Both Group||₹34,200||$1,500|
|CA Intermediate- Direct Entry||₹34,400||$1,500|
CA Course Subjects And Syllabus
To sum up, the CA course subjects and syllabus offered by AJNext CA inter institute in Mumbai India, usually includes the following:
- Financial Accounting
- Asset and Liability Management
- Business Analysis
- Computer Applications in Accounting
The CA Foundation course is the first level of the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course in India. Here is the list of subjects and syllabus for the CA foundation classes in Mumbai:
Principles and Practices of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Depreciation Accounting
- Accounting for Special Transactions
- Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Commercial Laws
- Company Law
- Sentence Types and Vocabulary
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
- Introduction to Basic Writing
Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and Statistics
- Ratio and Proportion, Indices, and Logarithms
- Equations and Matrices
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization
- Time Value of Money
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Basic Applications of Differential and Integral Calculus
Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Business Cycles
- Introduction to Business and Commercial Knowledge
- Business Environment
- Business Organizations
- Government Policies for Business Growth
- Organizations Facilitating Business
CA Intermediate is the second level of the Chartered Accountancy course offered by AJNext. The course is divided into two groups, each consisting of four subjects. Here is a breakdown of the subjects and syllabus for https://www.ajnext.com/ca-inter-direct-entry/CA inter-classes in Mumbai:
- Corporate and Other Laws.
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Strategic Management and Enterprise Information Systems
- Auditing and Assurance
- Economics for Finance and Financial Management
The Chartered Accountancy (CA) final course is the last stage of the CA program offered by AJNext CA inter institute in Mumbai India. The final CA course consists of two groups, each consisting of four papers. The subjects covered in the final CA course are as follows:
- Financial Reporting
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Corporate and Economic Laws
- Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- Elective Paper (One out of six options: Risk Management, Economic Laws, International Taxation, Financial Services and Capital Markets, Multidisciplinary Case Study, Global Financial Reporting Standards)
- Indirect Tax Laws
- International Taxation and Direct Tax Laws
Can we do CA without maths?
Yes, pursuing the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course is possible without studying mathematics at the 10+2 level.
Can we directly apply for CA after the 12th?
Students who have completed their 10+2 level can apply for the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course by registering for the Foundation level exam.
How much percentage is required for CA after 12?
To be eligible for the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course after the 12th, students must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 examination.